Mention the topic of church history and you will likely hear the sound of eyes rolling. History, in general, has the reputation of being dry, boring and generally unimportant. And while history may be presented in this manner, we must never neglect the importance to our modern lives, especially when it comes to church history.
This is the first lesson in a series of lessons presented by Alex Kremer from Atlantic Gospel Chapel in which we will examine a variety of topics related to early church history. In today's lesson, we ask the question, "Why should we study church history?" We will see at least six reasons for a study of this type:
- The promise that Jesus will build His church
- The Scriptural precedence for knowing our history
- Learn from past mistakes; and correct current heresies
- Expand our horizons
- To be inspired by the reminders of what God is doing in His world
- The wealth of resources for spiritual nourishment
It is our prayer that you will be encouraged, challenged and strengthened through this study of Church history in the coming weeks and months.
Thank you for listening.